Thursday, December 28, 2006

The past couple weeks leading up to and through and after Christmas found me in my favorite areas
of the country. Just after I left Leah in Stillwater I delivered a load to Palestine TX. That set me up for
a run to Alabama. The next run from Alabama to Houston. Following my delivery in Houston I found
time to drive to the Texas Gulf coast and the other hamlet by the sea-Surfside Village, TX. Spike and I
played on the beach. A run from Texas took me to Kansas. My run from Kansas to California is covered
in my comments on my last blog. Needless to say that California run was my Christmas run. I visited
Kurt Hawk while laying over in Williams, AZ. My Christmas traditions were carried out with a steak dinner
at Beto Jct, KS on Christmas eve. I splurged for a motel that evening so Santa would have a chance of catching
up with me. Dispite several losses of deer due to roadkill, I think Santa was still able to complete his
run. I have it on good authority that Santa drives an eighteen wheeler.
Interstate updates will continue after the New Year. Happy Holidays everyone.

8 comments:

Heidi said...

I didn't know Kurt was still around out there...

Stan Harrington said...

Heidi always had a "thing" for Kurt.

RangerBill said...

quick note- delivered load to Fontana, CA and
got another to DENVER. A real light load with plenty of delivery slack. Via WY is my plan and
progress as Colorado digs out.

john r mclay said...

If Santa drives an 18-wheeler, do you think it's chocolate?
http://www.creativechocolatesofvt.com/Products/Santa_Car.php3

And what of Kurt?! Does he need his ass kicked over my woman?!

Stan Harrington said...

First it is Beaver, Utah now it is Surfside Village, Texas. After you described what a beautiful, wonderful place it was, comparing it in similarity to Anchor Point in realationship to population and what a great place it would be for a winter home. I took it upon myself to visit it on the www. there is no Surfside Village, Texas! It is Surfside Beach, Texas and I do not want to trust living in any location that my house is built on pilings twenty feet high! Can you spell hurricane, flooding, snakes? Not trusting their Chamber of Commerce, I brought it up on Google Earth - again, I do not consider a beach side location that has seven different colors of water - can you spell toxic, contamination? I would also have to give living there some very serious thought when I discover that the "hot" restraurant in town is "Joe's Hotdog and Seafood Deli". I appreciate you looking for places that I may like to visit on our future travels - but Surfside City may be just the spot we need for a one night stop. As for a retirement home area, a one bedroom shack built on pilings, not a tree in sight, dirty water, snakes and a asking price of $159,000 - I think I will look at Beaver a little closer.

RangerBill said...

U be dissin my selectively picked
hamlet by the sea. Picked it out for you. I'll grant you there are few trees, ok no trees. I'll grant you some water looks toxic, but the sloughs flood and flush those ponds periodically. Ahhh the off shore breezes-ok hurricanes. Yes most of the houses are built on stilts but so are some in the Dudas Hole. And the franks at Joe's are good, try the dog n shrimp with chili cheese. And you can always trek 6 miles away to Bucees(yes there tm is a Beaver) Bucees has a bait buffet with 10 different types of bait sold.(market for your custom made tackle).

Stan Harrington said...

Since Bucees Bait Shop has a buffet of ten different baits for fishing, does that size of an invertory in bait qualify them as a Master Baiter Shop?

RangerBill said...

I can't believe you went there.
Yes I can believe you went there.