Thursday, October 12, 2006

Lets see, I see my story of the pacyderms was embellished a bit. What a hole in the trailer
did those guys make. On the way down here to Atlanta I stopped to visit Matthew and Amber.
We went out for dinner. On the way to Chili's we passed a bull elephant of pinkish hue. Life size.
A block or two later I saw some storage sheds built to look like boats. Pirate ships or Noah's little arks,
I know not which. If I had a lift gate on my truck, the elephant would have been relocated to the shed
and a photo op would not have been passed by. Rain all the way from Denver, Kansas, Missouri, a lay over
on Cherry street, Illinois, the Bluegrass state, the Volunteer state, and at last into Georgia.1400 miles.
In my wake, snow in Chicago. Was a big truck wreck just south of Nashville, had traffic backed up
and Interstate 24 closed for most of the day while haz mat crews cleaned up fuel.

All for now, stay tuned for the further adventures of Ranger Bill

7 comments:

Shana said...

figured with dad telling the story it would be embellished a bit. but it was great imagining you chasing elephants in the Grand Canyon. Bringing Horses North...hmmm....a pretty bay would be nice...maybe a little lady. I would name her Knight Mare....she is my dream horse...and someday she will be mine. Unless of course the moose family I have hidden in the yard can be saddle broke.

Stan Harrington said...

Hey, glad to see you have popped out, to bad the gag order prohibits you from telling the whole story, but I guess in time we will all find out what transpired after your last phone call in Flagstaff. So you did a Frito Lay over on Cherry Street, you know your mother is watching down on you! Do you still have Spike traveling with you or is he still on Cherry Street? Will you be able to drive in Arizona again or does that risk a warrant from the fat little sheriff in Flagstaff that you told me about? I bet he looked just like the Sheriff in Smokey and the Bandit. A 1,400 mile trip with one load, took you awhile sinbce I talked to you in Nebraska, must have been the lay over. Let me guess, you are picking up a load in Georgia that will take you into New Jersey. Take care, buckle up for safety and stay away from livestock hauling. You bring horses, coral will be built, I have four strong sons, two of them by marriage but you don't always get to choose. I don't know about mules, probabluy get shot by alocal thunking it is a moose. since you are bringing horses, I want a long legged gelding. I can't walk the river like I use to, but if I had a horse, I could ride it to the river and fish right off the horse, no one is going to crowd me out of my fishing spot.

Heidi said...

Glad to see you are still around...I was wondering if we were gonna have another blogger drop out...MOM!!

john r mclay said...

Maybe we should get you a laptop with dsl for Christmas and you could blog AND roll!

Stan Harrington said...

Since the Ranger will not update, just goty a call from him. It appears that the elephants wre just to much for his tractor, while pulling a load north into Pennsylvania, the old engine gave up and put a pistonthrough the block. The comapny dispatched him in a rental car to pick up a new tractor and a load bound for Wescosin, Michigan or Kentucky, one of those norhtern border states. Reportedly he is hauling a load of portable ice fishing shanties. You did not know they move Kentucky to the north did you? It was one of those liberal redistricting moves in an attempt to garnish more votes in the upcoming election. Don't forget to vote on 11/7 and vote often.

Stan Harrington said...

11/29/06 10:00 am Good morning Bill - you are not making many miles today!

Stan Harrington said...

Hey, we went off Daylight time today, my internet did not pick it up - I guess Ihad better fix that, before I know it we will have another month with two 29th's in it!